We are a US based private hive but our server is located in New York, meaning a best-case scenario for any Europeans attempting to play. I have witnessed EU pings under 100 on my server, but they tend to hang around 120. If ping is a concern to you, it may be worth giving us a try and deciding if you like the ping after some gameplay.
You can find our forums at http://forums.bmrf.me and all you have to do is make an account to be automatically whitelisted!
Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (Ivy Bridge)
32 GB DDR3-1333 memory
10000GB Bandwidth (1 gigabit port)
500GB Primary HDD
500GB Secondary HDD
Server Settings & InformationBMRF #1: Veteran, crosshairs, third person, nametags, waypoints are disabled though death messages and third person are not. The time zone is UTC -7 (mountain time)
BMRF #2: Same as #1 except third person is disabled.
BMRF #3: Same as #1
BMRF #4: Namalsk with the same difficulty settings as #1
- We have three servers running on the same HIVE. Two of them are third person, and the other one is first-person only. If you attempt to switch to another server after playing on one of them, you will be automatically kicked and told to wait 10 minutes to switch servers. This prevents ghosting and discourages hopping.
- Speaking of auto-kicks, we have a whitelist which requires you to simply sign up on our forum. No further action is needed from you to get whitelisted. We are, as far as we know, the first and only server with an automated whitelist.
- All servers are automatically restarted every four hours, with plenty of advance warnings so you can log off safely.
- The vehicle cap is at 75, which is a very stable number in terms of gameplay and performance. If you go beyond this number on a private hive server, you will see desync as people start to drive many vehicles at the same time. A lot of servers go over the recommended vehicle limit and suffer as a result. We do not do this.
- In-game rewards such as player skins, maps and a golden pistol are available for donating, but I do not want to go into detail on this much here as it's very much secondary and we don't want to solicit any donations.
- There are around 65 buildings added to the map in balanced places. They mostly serve to populate the starting towns and the amount of military loot added is very minimal to keep a balanced feel to the game.
- Our helicopter crash loot is modified. The L85 and AS50 do not spawn at all on our server. New weapons would include a G36c SD, M40A3 Camo, MG36, LRR and many more! If you get sniped on our server, it was likely to a DMR and not a silent AS50 from miles away.
- Care packages spawn around the map randomly and follow the same random algorithm as the chopper crash sites. They spawn very random loot and can be anything from residential to industrial to high-end military.
- We run a mod called stmovement which you can choose to optionally install. It reduces the collision of your character against the game world so you can more around buildings easier without getting caught up in doorways.
- We also run a very well known sound mod called JSRS which modifies many of the ArmA 2 sounds (specifically guns) to basically be a whole lot better. Like stmovement, it's an optional install.
- The admins are extremely active, and I personally keep the RCON open on a second monitor to view chat and respond to concerns/questions. If someone asks for an admin in chat, they will usually get an answer. If you PM an admin in TS, you'll usually get an instant reply, and forum posts are never ignored.
- We have advanced logging features that other private hives do not use. Specifically snapshots of your character are saved multiple times per minute, and we can roll you back to any point in time if you have any issues with your character. Basically, playing on this server is like holding a quicksave button down constantly.
- Everything is always improving, we are always going forward. We've been around since August and have no plans to stop anytime soon. If you're looking for a stable server to call home, this may be the place for you!
You can sign up on our forums to be automatically whitelisted at http://forums.bmrf.me
BMRF #1 Third Person Server: 22.214.171.124:2302
BMRF #2 First Person Server: 126.96.36.199:2303
BMRF #3 Third Person Server: 188.8.131.52:2340
Thanks for reading the thread and I hope to see you in-game. If you have any further questions feel free to drop them in this thread.
Edited by Peep, 27 October 2012 - 10:03 PM.